About This Place

First started in late 2007, Kasey's Mobile Game Review (then just a regular feature of Kasey's Korner) started as a simul-post between here and IGN. Later I realized there's no reason to post it twice, when I can use the traffic on my own site. so, here we are, in 2010, and the mobile game industry has grown a bit. What do you think?


Progress Report, and a bit more rant

I've caught up with MOST of my review backlogs. Should be only a few games left, unless I recall some previous games I forgot to review. :)

Any way, why do mobile game publishers create "3D" versions of regular 2D games? It's simply dumb, and waste of time and resources, when they have the exact same gameplay.

Two examples: Transformers 3D (the levels look 3D-ish, but still same 2D platform play), and Metal Slug 3M (3D version). Some flying enemies are 3D, otherwise, still 2D.

Did they really think we'd be impressed by the extra graphics?

Backlog Status: BIA: Art of War, Yie Ar Kung Fu, and Tradewinds 2. That should be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment