About This Place

First started in late 2007, Kasey's Mobile Game Review (then just a regular feature of Kasey's Korner) started as a simul-post between here and IGN. Later I realized there's no reason to post it twice, when I can use the traffic on my own site. so, here we are, in 2010, and the mobile game industry has grown a bit. What do you think?


Mobile Game Review of "Battlestar Galactica"

I honestly can't tell if this is the same game as the one on IGN. Graphics looks about the same, but publisher is completely different (Superscape instead of In-fusio). As far as I know the two companies are NOT related, yet the game looks so similar...

Any way, to the review. Imagine playing Galaxian, with Cylons as the aliens and your Viper as the shooting ship. Yep, that's about it. Random convoy ships in the background as you fly past them. If you do well, you earn credits which can be applied to your ship as upgrades... if you survive that long. You have three weapons: guns, lasers, and missiles, none are very strong at the beginning. Certainly there's bazillion Cylons out there, and they aren't fun. And then I got bored, as I saw the same thing, over and over, and over, and I'm not that good at twitch games any way.

According to the 2006 review of the In-fusio version, the flight later turns into more "Time Pilot" type 360 motion instead of strictly top-down. Whopee-dee. Do I care? Not any more. Boring, boring, boring.

Rating: 5 out of 10. How about something DIFFERENT?

No comments:

Post a Comment