About This Place

First started in late 2007, Kasey's Mobile Game Review (then just a regular feature of Kasey's Korner) started as a simul-post between here and IGN. Later I realized there's no reason to post it twice, when I can use the traffic on my own site. so, here we are, in 2010, and the mobile game industry has grown a bit. What do you think?


Mobile Game Review: "Get Cookin'"

Get Cookin' by "Glu" is one of those "clones" combines random minigames that had "something" to do with cooking. You need to perform the minigames as good as possible to "cook" the entree properly. Basically, you play "Dance Dance Revolution" and press the right button at the right time. Fun? I dunno.

The US items are cocktail, pizza, kebob, and clam chowder. Really? I didn't know those are items representative of American food... I'd expect something like chicken fried steak? There's also "France" and "China" items. Argh.

The minigames are way too easy on "easy". In only a few attempts, I'm 100 on all 12 items. While there are "medium" and "hard" difficulty levels, do you really want to repeat the minigames umpteenth times?

Sorry, but this game just didn't click for me at all. At least the sprites are clear and music not that annoying.

Overall rating: 5 out of 10
Pros: simple activities you can learn to do well
Cons: not really cooking, just playing "Simon"

Reblog this post

No comments:

Post a Comment