About This Place

First started in late 2007, Kasey's Mobile Game Review (then just a regular feature of Kasey's Korner) started as a simul-post between here and IGN. Later I realized there's no reason to post it twice, when I can use the traffic on my own site. so, here we are, in 2010, and the mobile game industry has grown a bit. What do you think?


KMGR of Ice Age 3 (mobile game)

Gone NuttyImage via Wikipedia

The movie-tie-in mobile game for Ice Age 3 doesn't really follow the movie, nor was it actually much fun. And the introduction of artificial time limits and lack of "direction" makes the game a lot less satisfying than it should or could be.



Basically, you play Buck or Sid as you run around the map, trying to collect dino eggs and nuts for Scrat. Sid gets ability to throw some stink bombs, while Buck has a whip and can swing from a tree like Indiana Jones.

The levels are colorful, and many are full of hazards... animal-eating plants, small dinos, and such. There are sometimes a timer that forces you to move else you get to restart the whole level. But it's standard 2D fare, nothing really special.

What's worse, I am stuck on level 2. I don't see any place to go, and the one place I thought I can get out the game says I must find another path, where there is none.

If a game can get a veteran player like me stuck on just level 2, something is very wrong with the game.

The sprites are nicely animated and but controls are a bit stiff. Music is forgettable.

Overall score: 5 out of 10
Pros: simple controls, looks okay for a tie-in
Cons: MAJOR difficulty issues... no obvious direction to go to.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]


No comments:

Post a Comment